Welcome to 2019!
I’d like to say that I had one of the BEST holidays I have had in ages. Christmas was fantastic with the family. My birthday was an absolute joy. And my 2nd annual NYE party was super successful. I am so lucky, so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life.
This is the first time that I can think of where I have not felt gloomy at the end of the holidays. I usually feel this sadness on New Year’s Day and directly afterward, but… not this year. I’m not sure what is/was different. I generally am optimistic about new beginnings and all of that but I think I usually grieve the season, always feeling like something is unfinished. Somehow though, I don’t feel that today. 💟
I was sitting around eating breakfast with some friends yesterday morning and I just smiled. I took it all in. Genuinely, like deep in my spirit felt the joy. It struck me that I have never felt that on New Years before and I just took a moment to appreciate it, and of course document it here on my blog for posterity. 😉
I am fortunate. Though not without hardship, 2018 was a decent year for me, far better than 2016 and 2017. There were so many great things that I participated in, experienced, and did. ✔ Perhaps 2019 will be even better. ❣
Here are my resolutions.
- Go somewhere I have never been.
- Hike 3 new trails.
- Workout at least 2x/week.
- Spend less time on these social media sites: twitter, facebook, instagram, and tumblr.
- Spend more time in the sunshine.
- Get Cocoa & Pepper trained and socialized.
- Read 16 new books.
- Work on positively influencing my mental and physical health.
- Follow my schedule!
- Mon: Grocery shopping & food prep
- Tues: Write 320-420; gym 430 – 6pm.
- Wed: Household chores & family night
- Thurs: Write 320-420; gym 430 -6pm.
- Fri: *WW weigh ins; when free, UBER drive
- Sat: Finish chores; night for friends
- Sun: Rest & realx; wash, fold, put away clothes
- I have 2 other goals but those are more private. Suffice it to say that I am hopeful they both are a huge success!
I am grateful for the hope in my heart and for all of my friends and family. May you be blessed. May you be kind. May you find health & happiness in the new year. 🎉